Finished Chapter five. I'd say the best so far. It was fun to be overpowered. Even with a somewhat robotic translation you do a good job making us like (or hate in one case lol) the characters, even the villians. I also got a few good laughs.
A downloadable game for Windows
Life is an MMORPG!
What is this?
Version Fille is a french episodic game that I completed in April 2019. There are 8 chapters in total and they are all available in english now! With the help of RPG Maker VX, I created a game that will hopefully make you laugh. The game is however not appropriate for those who are easily disturbed as Version Fille has adult-oriented humor and often references our own culture. Don't get your hopes too high though, it's still very tame.
Please play Version Fille, share and comment if you like it or even if you don't so I can improve the game or make an even better project in the near future.
One thousand years ago, the world has been almost entirely destroyed by the fall of the Fourth Moon. Since then, God came and created a system that would protect every human beings from a premature death: the Version RPG. Like in a typical isekai setting, every humans now have a level, HP, MP and other stats like in classic RPG. When a human being loses all their HP, they will pass out and after a few days of rest, they will come back in full health!
In this perfect world where everybody has the opportunity to become happy, four young beautiful ladies are going on adventures, exploring dungeons,traveling around the world, going to school, saving people, beating people, stealing them, ignoring the poor and sometimes killing intelligent beings that aren't human.
Daheja, likes to talk with boxes.
Pétronille, is pink, small and cute.
Rouge, doesn't steal, she borrows.
Shironya, totally not malicious
Each chapter of Version Fille has 1 hour 30 to 3 hour 30 of gameplay. Each have a unique environment, challenges and characters to meet. Follow the story and get to know more about the heroines, watch the girls grow and fight their own obstacles in life, while exploring the deep lore of Version Fille and uncover the darkest secrets of the world. And then you will save the world.
- Adult-oriented humor and thematic
- Well built universe with a huge lore to explore.
- Interactive world where almost everything can be interacted with. Talk with boxes, trees, rocks, pillars, windows, humans, knocked out humans, animals, etc...
- Girls are moe and some have bunny hears or horns. They even have tails sometimes.
- Boys are hilarious and are the best characters in a game called "Version Fille" which literally means "Girl Version".
- Adults are cool and charismatic but have dark secrets that only adults can understand.
- A classic turn based side-view battle system with challenging boss fight. Sustain yourself with a wide range of items like fruits to replenish your health or plastic films to reduce your enemy's strength.
- Custom your characters as you like with the stats distribution system. A swordman that does more magic damage than the mage? Yes, you can!
- Fun stuff you can't do in most classic RPG like steal the poor, eat other intelligent species raw, have fun with an old sadist lady, get spit on by snowmen, flirt with girls you like, respect women, respect other cultures, etc...
- Save the world and go back to school.
Follow Daheji on twitter: https://twitter.com/Daheji
Tu es français ou francophone ? Télécharge la série complète de 8 chapitres sur https://versionfille.com
Credits : https://versionfille.com/credits.txt
|Made with||Krita, Paint Tool SAI, Audacity, RPG Maker|
|Tags||2D, Anime, Casual, Female Protagonist, Funny, Pixel Art, Retro, RPG Maker|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Homepage, Blog, Twitter, YouTube|
- Chapter 8 available! Version Fille in english now complete!Jun 02, 2020
- Chapter 7 available!May 25, 2020
- Chapter 6 available!May 21, 2020
- Chapter 5 available! And reupload of Chapter 4May 16, 2020
- Chapter 4 is now available!May 10, 2020
- Chapter 3 is available now!May 05, 2020
- Chapter 2 now available!May 01, 2020
- Translating a french moe RPG in englishApr 29, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi, I've been playing up to chapter four and mostly enjoying it. IDK if it's my computer or what but after playing for a while the cancel button doesn't work and it softlocks until i restart my computer. I will likely finish it sometime but I thought I could give you my thoughts maybe?
-I thought the game was funny, it had some lol moments. I generally only play RPGmaker games like this where the characters banter back and forth often. Most of the more lewd jokes I didn't find offensive but they made me uncomfortable, I keep playing because the rest of it is funny.
-You can tell the translation is done by someone who doesn't natively speak English. It's still easy to follow and charming in a way. There are certain things that i didn't really understand, maybe they don't translate well over here? Specifically some of the insults that are slung around, such as pork fannies lol..
-The combat is easy to understand and not too difficult, sans for some bosses in ch. 3. I like that after so many random battles you won't get more, and you could just grind them out until the counter hits 0 with the fight! command in the menu. I also like the stat gain system. I feel it adds more power to your characters than equipment in general. I personally think that some of the boss battles are a little too drawn out, particularly the ones at the end of and after chapter three, but this is a personal taste thing.
-Parts that stand out in my mind:
The simple puzzles the characters have to do individually in chapter one.
Having the guy in chapter 2 not like your choices is a funny wall breaking joke.
Chapter 2 in general was pretty enjoyable, being all silly banter.
I love how the treasure comes from dead people in chapter 3, and the character's slow decent into thinking it's OK to loot the corpses.
The story and dialog at the beginning of chapter 4.
Overall I felt the story was more interesting as the chapters went on.
So anyway, thanks for listening to my rambling. Good game, look forward to more.
- So I looked into the cancel button bug. It seems like it's an RPG maker VX problem. The software sometimes go crazy if you have something plugged in a USB port, like a gaming pad or even a webcam. RPG maker can also bug if you are also running another program in parallel like Ragnarok Online for grinding for example.
A possible fix would be to hold the Shift Key and then spam the X key on your keyboard until it works.
This bug really suck and it really saddens me that there's no fix to it. I'm very sorry for that! Still I'm thankful that you're willing to play the game despite this bug!
- Translating is difficult. Like you said, I'm not an english native speaker. A lot of puns and joke made sense for french gamers. Maybe they lost meaning after it was translated in english?
I'm trying to translate using google but maybe it made the dialogs too robotic and doesn't feel natural.
Version Fille already had its reputation of being a really uncomfortable game in french because of its dark humor, to the point I had to put a "Not recommend for kids" warning. I tried to tone it down a bit with the english version but I guess it's still uncomfortable sometimes. Do you mind telling me which part you felt uncomfortable with? I might use that for the translation of the next chapters.
- A little tip to get more power would be to use the blacksmith more often. I was thinking of nerfing him because he made the characters way too OP. I actually tried to balance the boss battle with that in mind but maybe there's a better way to do that.
Thank you for playing! I'm really happy that you enjoyed the game so far! Feels like a bit of victory here.
Also thank you for your comment. I'll try to improve with that!
Have a nice day!
Thanks for the tip about the bug. I'll try that! I'll also sell my goods and use the blacksmith more! The part that seems uncomfortable is the a lot of the joking about sexual things with minors, eg the chapter two bar. I mean it's stuff that gets joked about on certain shows like south park for example. I wouldn't change anything because of my discomfort but you could always ask other people who play. I'm almost done with chapter four so I'll keep plugging away. Thank you!
Continued the game, on chapter 4 and got an error on the second pirate boss. i think it has to do with trying to heal when zombie.
Thanks for telling me! This isn't the only battle where there is this Zombie attack.
You can actually lose this boss battle and continue playing! Winning this bottle only gives you an item that uses money for damage.
I'm sorry for this bug! It's very embarrassing! I'm removing this Zombie attack and replace it by something more simple.
Thank you very much for telling me! I mean it!